Monday, September 15, 2008

Ubuntu really is Linux for Human Beings

For years I have been a strong advocate of Apple and it's Macintosh operating system. The biggest reason for this is that I flat out hate Windows (and Microsoft in general). OS X seemed like the only viable alternative, and I found it to be far superior. Of course, I also knew that there was also this little, relatively unknown, OS know as Linux; but I never bothered to actually try it.
This summer I officially made the jump and installed Ubuntu Linux on a laptop a friend gave to me. And boy was I surprised. I've always thought of Linux as the geek's OS, but I quickly discovered that it can give both Windows and Mac a run for their money when it comes to ease of use. If you're interested in trying it out head on over to the Ubuntu website. Download a LiveCD or request that they mail you a free copy. Plop it in your disc drive and give Linux a test drive without ever having to actually install the OS. Once you've decided to permanently install it on your hard drive, stay tuned to my blog where I will soon be making a list of my favourite Ubuntu tweaks.

No comments: